This year, Mother’s Day is all about splurging a little. Why? Because 2020-21 has reminded us to live the moments we’re given and to live them large when we can. Ready to indulge the mom in your life with a gift that is truly over-the-top? Here’s a list of gift ideas to help you go all out for the woman who has gone all-in for you.
Sangria Vacation Day Gift Set
Okay, maybe mom didn’t get the dream vacation she had hoped for last year (or this year). But you can bring the vacation to her. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tropical-themed glasses: Try not to go wild for these palm tree tumblers from Crate and Barrel.
- Two bottles of our ready-made VayCay Authentic Spanish Sangria
- Chips and salsa: Try picking up fresh salsa and chips from her favorite local restaurant!
- Tiny drink umbrellas (a must!)
- A medium-sized drink bucket (or this ultra-fun inflatable option)
- An amazing playlist, like “Soak up the Sun” from Spotify
- Beach towel
- Sunscreen (must smell like coconuts and the ocean)
Arrange everything in the drink bucket, and present to mom on her special day! The most important part? Let her choose the day for her “getaway” and help her clear her schedule.
Wine Picnic in the Park
Invite mom on a picnic in the park, complete with all her favorites. Choose a location that mom has fond memories of, like the park she loves to take the grandkids to play. Shady trees and soft grass recommended. Shop for a great picnic basket and blanket, and then gift them to her at the end of the day, like the promise of more perfect picnics ahead together. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Picnic basket (with room for wine)
- Picnic blanket/folding chairs/lounging pillows
- Reusable plates, napkins, and glasses
- Two bottles of wine: We recommend Lazy Lab Riesling, Tanglerose Front Porch Red, or Pearls & Kicks Rosé
- Fresh fruit
- Bite-sized charcuterie meats
- Cheese: Choose an array of snack-able cheeses that pack well.
- Croissants: Search for the best croissants in town and pick them up fresh the day of the picnic. Or, ask your bakery to provide you frozen croissants that you can bake at home.
- Chicken salad: Only the best for mom, and that means this recipe by Martha Stewart
- Lemon bars: We love this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction
Be sure and pack bug spray, sunscreen, and water to keep the day comfortable for mom. While you’re enjoying the afternoon, ask her to share stories with you about her favorite memories when you were growing up. Don’t forget—keep her glass full.
Books and Wine on Repeat
Surprise mom with a whole year of the two things she loves most (besides you, of course!): wine and books. Our Rewined wine subscription can be gifted, so you can order now and select the wines mom loves [Choose from: red pairs, red/white pairs, or sweet wine pairs]—and we’ll deliver her favorites all year long, every other month. Wine on repeat is truly any mom’s dream come true.
But, don’t stop there—sign her up for the Book of the Month Club. Give her one year of selecting a new book every month to enjoy while she sips her wine. The best part of giving mom never-ending books and wine is that she will think of you every time her new shipments arrive—brownie points for the next time you need to ask her to babysit, right?
So, how will you gift mom this year? Reach out to your Wine Guide or connect with one now to get personalized guidance on the perfect creative wine gift for the mom in your life this year. Six bottles always ship free! Or, you can opt to gift mom with a virtual tasting, self-guided Sip Kit, or in-person wine tasting! When you shop with someone who knows wine, you will be sure to get a gift that will make mom smile.