Ask the Guides: Direct Sales Fears vs. Facts – Traveling Vineyard Edition
Written by Christine Bondola on June 2, 2016
Fight Your Fears, Open an Opportunity
Starting anything new can be intimidating, especially if there are cautionary tales floating around. Direct sales fears are common – everyone’s heard a horror story or two about demanding quotas and event dead zones and the pressure to sell, sell, sell.
Fortunately, these fears are pretty easy to refute and the prize for facing your fear is a fun, financially rewarding job that can fill in the edges of your busy life or become a full-time career.
“In the last seven years, direct sales has grown almost 6% to a $34.5B industry.”
Direct Selling Association
After all, there’s a reason the direct sales industry has seen steady growth over the last decade or so.
And that’s why some of our Wine Guides have come together to fight the fears with some facts about a direct sales business with Traveling Vineyard:
- I’ll have to spend more money than I make.
- No one in my area is going to be interested.
- This is going to overload my busy schedule.
- I don’t know anything about wine.
- I’ll have to be pushy and end up driving my friends away.
- There are low fees, no quotas, and real profits.
- Good wine and good friends are irresistible everywhere.
- A flexible schedule and a fun job create a healthy balance.
- We’ll teach you everything you need to know about wine.
- You don’t have to be pushy to succeed, and your friends and family will support the things that make you happy.
So don’t let your fears keep you from starting something new, something that has a chance to change your world.
Still have some reservations? Don’t hesitate to contact us and ask. Have a story about a direct sales fear that you conquered? Share it!
And just in case you were wondering, Traveling Vineyard is BBB accredited with an A+ rating and a member of the Direct Selling Association. We know our stuff and we stand by our word.
Learn more about life with Traveling Vineyard
Ready to get started?