What is your Favorite Fall Recipe?
Written by Tim on October 14, 2011
The leaves are changing, the weather is getting cooler and that means it is time for some fun fall recipes. Over on our Facebook Fan Friday, everyone sent in some of their favorite fall recipes.
Winner – Nicole G.
Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast:
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
* 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* Combine salt and pepper; rub over the roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
* Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Brush a fourth over the roast.
* Bake 30 minutes longer; brush with another fourth of the glaze. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm remaining glaze; serve with roast.
Grilled Belgian Endive and Blue Cheese Gratinée
6 heads Belgian endive, each cut lengthwise into 5 slices
4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped
preheat broiler. Place endive in single layer on baking sheet. Brush endive with 4 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until crisp-tender, about 1 minute per side. Return to baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese melts and bubbles, about 2 minutes. Transfer to platter. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon oil and vinegar.
– Tiffany G.
Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
Cream of Chicken Soup
Put in a crockpot and cook all day, top with Corn Chips! Makes and amazing Chicken Tortilla soup!!!
– Kari M.
A bunch of family.
Lots of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.
Plenty of Applecider to share.
Crisp Autumn air.
Lots of laughs and plenty of love.
– Andrea W.
Soup. Just soup. Any soup!
Chowder, chili, navy bean…I’m just not picky, know what I mean?
Cut crusty bread, and fill up my bowl, fill my glass up with wine, and “Ahhh!” says my soul!
– Kelly L.
Sounds delicous! Make sure to head over to our Facebook Fan Friday Contest Page to enter this week’s contest.